To keep The Glass Works, Barnsley a family-friendly and welcoming shopping and leisure destination for all, we ask that visitors adhere to the following rules:
- No anti-social behaviour of any kind will be permitted, as well as intimidating behaviour such as shouting and swearing. Groups without the intention to shop may be asked to leave.
- Items of clothing that restricts the view of one’s head and/or face, such as helmets and hoods, should be removed while visiting The Glass Works, with the exception of religious headwear and facemasks.
- Tops/t-shirts and shoes should be worn at all times while on the Boulevard, in the Public Square and The Glass Works Car Park.
- Visitors should take care to park only in the appropriate designated car parking spaces, leaving disabled, NEXT click and collect, EV charging and parent and child bays free for those who need them.
To ensure every visit to The Glass Works is as relaxing and hassle-free as possible for every visitor, the following are prohibited:
- Pets are not permitted to be on the Boulevard or in The Glass Works Car Park, with the exception of guide and support dogs.
- No leafleting, canvassing, interviews or surveys should take place unless it has been authorised by Centre Management in advance.
- Unauthorised busking or unauthorised selling of any goods should not take place on the Boulevard, in the Public Square, or in The Glass Works Car Park.
- Shopping trolleys should not be used on the Boulevard, on the Public Square or in The Glass Works Car Park.
- The meeting of car clubs, car cruising, or meet-ups is not permitted in The Glass Works Car Park.
- Commercial or professional photography or filming should not take place unless it has been authorised in advance by Centre Management. For more information, our video and photography policy can be found here.
The health and safety of The Glass Works visitors is a priority. Please help us to keep everyone safe by adhering to the following rules:
- Smoking and vaping are strictly prohibited on the Boulevard and in The Glass Works Car Park.
- Cycling, rollerblading, the use of Heelys, micro scooters, electric scooters, Segways, hoverboards and skateboards are prohibited on the Public Square, on the Boulevard and in the Car Park at all times.
- No ball games or throwing objects are permitted on the Boulevard, in the Public Square, or in the Car Park.
- Running, climbing, or sitting on an escalator, balustrade, barrier, planting, fence, or railing is strictly prohibited.
- Please keep a close eye on any children in your care when visiting The Glass Works.
- No inappropriate use of customer lifts and escalators.
- No drones are permitted on the Boulevard, in the Public Square or in the Car Park.
- All access routes must be kept clear for the use of emergency services.
- Entering or swimming in any of the fountains in The Glass Works Public Square is not permitted.
The following legal requirements must be met at all times at The Glass Works:
- Alcoholic beverages must only be consumed within the premises that hold a relative license and that it has been purchased from.
- The Glass Works reserves the right to refuse entry to or remove, any person and persons from the premises.
- Any act of vandalism towards property belonging to The Glass Works and the retailers will be reported to the Police.
- The use of legal highs, such as CO2 canisters is not permitted on site.
This list is not exhaustive, and The Glass Works has the right to refuse entry to or remove any person or persons whose actions we feel are inappropriate. Anyone who ignores these rules or commits a crime will be denied entry to The Glass Works for as long as the Centre Management Team deems appropriate.