MIDLAND STREET TAXI RANK TO BE RELOCATED TO ELDON STREET ON 17 JANUARY 2020
Midland Street taxi rank will relocate to Eldon Street on 17 January 2020. Midland Street and Kendray Street will then become pedestrian only from 20 January, allowing The Glass Works Superbowl UK site to be extended for the next phase of construction work.
From 17 to 20 January 2020
- Midland Street taxi rank will be moved onto Eldon Street opposite the Parkway Cinema.
- Most of Eldon Street’s existing parking and loading bays will be converted into taxi rank spaces, which will be in operation from 17 January.
From 20 January 2020
- The taxi rank relocation will allow for the extension of The Glass Works Superbowl UK site, creating a safer working space as construction continues.
- From 20 January, Kendray Street and Midland Street will become limited access. Entry will be restricted to construction vehicles and vehicles used to access businesses within the immediate vicinity. All 18 taxi rank spaces will be removed.
- To guarantee a safe entrance and exit for construction vehicles, Midland Street will become a two-way road. Service vehicles will be diverted onto Regent Street South, allowing progress onto Regent Street. All construction vehicles for The Glass Works will exit within their site at the top of Kendray Street.
- Temporary signage will be displayed on Midland, Kendray and Eldon Street to direct the public towards the new taxi ranks on Eldon Street.
For more information, please contact:
Town Centre Major Projects Officer: Carl Jeffreys
Taxi Rank Relocation