BARNSLEY LIVE RETURNS TO ROCK THE GLASS WORKS
June 8, 2023
Barnsley Live is returning to The Glass Works on Saturday 17th June!
With 22 venues and over 120 acts performing across the town, it is one of the highlight days of the year, and we are happy to be hosting a stage in The Glass Works Square for the second year in a row.
We are also proud to say that we have been chosen as the location where the festival will be officially opened by the Mayor of Barnsley, followed by a special performance by Frumptarn Guggenband!
New this year will be a mobile bar serving alcoholic and soft drinks on the square to enjoy while listening to fantastic music. The bar will be operated by our very own Fridays with a great selection offer.
We have live music from 11am through to 5pm with acts including:
11am: Frumptarn Guggenband and Mayoral opening speech
12pm: Viva La Vintage
1pm: Nick (Lightbox project)
3pm: Peaky Brassers
4pm: Sing Strum Sax
You can find out more about Barnsley Live by visiting their Facebook page here.
If that isn’t enough live music, plenty of The Glass Works tenants have live music themselves playing long into the night. The Salt House have Matt Edginton from 3pm and Graham Lindley from 5pm, with their usual resident DJs from 7pm and The Botanist have their usual live music all day and night.
Falco Lounge are offering a quieter space for those wanting to get away from all the live music. Why not pop in for a pint or some food, or take advantage of their sun soaked outside area and listen to the music from there?
Library @ The Lightbox also have a range of Barnsley Live related activities on Saturday including:
- A face painter confirmed to be in the library 11am – 3pm doing festival style facepaint.
- A drop-in festival bucket hat decorating craft
- A highlights reel from the Biblio Beats festival and the music videos produced by some of the young people that took part in the WE Great Ladies Artis Residency will be played on our big screens between acts.
- 12:30pm – 1pm OSLAS an electronic dance act (just awaiting final confirmation of this)
- 1:30pm – 2pm Barnsley Music Hub stage takeover
- 2:30pm – 3pm Barnsley Music Hub stage takeover followed by OSLAS
Please note: alcohol bought at other venues and brought into the square is strictly prohibited.